In my last post I talked about creating a .NET Core console application for removing advertisements from a recorded stream. I glossed over some of the things I did in that application such as hooking up dependency injection and configuration management. Today I’m going to talk about implementing dependency injection in a DotNetCore console application.
Hypothetically, let’s say I have some software that records streaming video from the interwebs. For the sake of this exercise I’m also pretending this software is called PlayOn. Next, I’m imagining that the recorded streams also include advertisements. Continuing into our hypothetical journey I’m guessing I have a media center where I host the recorded media.
I’m a person who enjoys mentoring other developers. I take great personal joy and satisfaction from seeing their successes. Over the years I’ve had people ask if I have a blog. When I answered no they tell me that I should have one. Generally speaking I’ve pooh-poohed them and went my merry way. In this post I want to discuss the reason I started blogging.
I recently had a scenario come up where the client I’m working for wanted a countdown timer on their homepage. I had previously built a similar feature in their old website but did not reproduce it when we built the new site. The old website was a hybrid ASP.NET MVC + Razor views + jQuery + angularJS.
I have no experience with Linux. That’s zilch, nada, zero. However, in all my infinite wisdom and glory I decided that as an exercise towards learning it and to set up my blog I’d just go ahead and give it a try. Recording my experience here seemed liked a good idea for posterity sake.
This is an obligatory “Hello World” post seeing as I’m a developer. My intention is to post weekly about programming topics: what I’m working on, what I’ve discovered, and where I’m going. I’m hoping that this will serve as a resource for others as much as an archive for me. Learn more about me.